FAQ for Festival Vendors

Can I still apply if the deadline has passed? 
Yes, if the application is still posted on line, chances are there are spaces available. Complete applications will be accepted until October 1st and no later. Insurance must be included in the application if you apply after September 28th.

Can I be a vendor if I don't have insurance?

Where can I get vendor insurance?
There are a few options on where and how you can get the proper coverage. You can contact your home or auto policy broker and they can connect you with viable coverage.

If you are in need of a broker, we suggest FCA Insurance and you can contact the Port Carling location at https://fcainsurance.com/contact-fca/

Who needs to be listed on the insurance?

It is important that the following 2 names are listed on your insurance: 
1. The Bala Cranberry Festival, PO BOX 72, Bala, Ontario, P0C 1A0 and,
2. The Township of Muskoka Lakes, 1 Bailey St, Port Carling, Ontario, P0B 1J0

I'm a new vendor, do I need insurance before i'm approved?

You can wait to hear if you are accepted and approved to be a vendor before purchasing insurance. Upon acceptance to the festival, please start the process of obtaining insurance. 

My insurance doesn't renew until later in the year, what should I do?

Just email us the month for when your insurance renews, and we will follow up with you then. 

I just want to come for Saturday and Sunday, how much is that?
Cranberry Festival is a 3 day event, all vendors must participate for all 3 days

When will I receive load-in information?
Expect details for load-in to arrive in your inbox end-September/early October. Booth locations will be given upon your arrival at registration. 

Where can we stay?
There are many great hotels, motels and inns in the area that are in or close to Bala. Some have special rates for Festival Vendors. Please visit our accommodations page for local options.

What campgrounds are open? 
There are no local campgrounds open after Thanksgiving weekend. 

Where can we park our RV? 
Muskoka Lakes Township has designated TBD for overnight RV guests. There are NO hookups for electrical or sewer.

I'm a food vendor, where do I get my health permit?
Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit application found here

How many festival passes do we get?
Two come in your registration package. 

What if I want more than two?
Contact the Cranberry Office with your request. Consideration will be on a case by case basis. 

What are some of the demographics of the visitors?
Have a read through the the Impact Studies done over the past few years.